How to Become a Stylist
How To Become A Fashion Stylist
We began as an uber trendy NYC boutique dressing countless A-listers including Mary J Blige, Shakira, L’il Kim, Lenny Kravitz, Pharell, Alicia Keyes, Jill Scott, and the Dixie Chicks to name a few. Our founder has styled editorials, music videos, & Spike Lee directed TV commercials in order to impart FIRST HAND knowledge on how to break into Styling for editorials, TV/Film, red carpets, or personal clients.
Click here for the instructor's background.
This 10 year old ALWAYS current workshop teaches:
1. Breaking into industry & getting gigs
2. Styling techniques
3. Portfolio creation (bring yours for critique)
4. Honing in on your own signature style
5. Connecting to get booked
6. Secrets of pulling looks
7. Positioning yourself as a brand
8. Styling kit, loan slip, letter of responsibility
9. Trendspotting & risk taking
10. Securing an agent & the benefits
2-hours - Very thorough and intense, but fun to network, meet, and learn.
NO recording devices permitted. M Shop NYC Copyright.
SEE SCHEDULE & REGISTER